LOCATION OF THE HOME IMAGE AND THE GLOBE IMAGE

Nov 22, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Hello Rciot,

Thank you for this excellent article. I have two questions on this concern.
  • When I install this add in it shows a home icon after the SharePoint site name to which I am connected with. Also the globe image representing this sub sites. Can you please tell me from where the image is coming?
  • Can I drag only attachments to document library. If noe from where we can start.
Thanks and Best Regards,
Anurag
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Hi Anurag,

all images are included within the .dll library and are saved as internal resource. You can download the source code and open (in Visual studio) the file OpenTreViewContainer.cs. The imageList object contain a Collection of images. You can change them and recompile the code. Otherwise, if you have more suitable icons to propose I can evaluate the possibility to replace them.

No at the moment it is not possible to save only attachements.
Nov 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Hello Rciot,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I have found that images name as folder_home.png,package_network.png etc. But I am not be able to find the location of that images. Is this images retrieve dynamically?
If so can you please tell me the place.
And regarding the attachment can you please tell me from where to start for that. I will be more than happy if I can help on that.
Have a nice weekend.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Anurag
Nov 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Hello Rciot,
I am now be able to locate the images in the image list.Sorry for my previous question.
And regarding the attachment can you please tell me from where to start for that. I will be more than happy if I can help on that.
Have a nice weekend.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Anurag
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Open Out2Share project in Visual Studio. Open TreeViewContainer.cs.
At the bottom of the page, there is an object "imageList". Select imageList, in the Properties View, click on attribute Images->(Collection) to open the Image Collection Editor. In this Windows you can add/remove images. Attention!: the name is the key of the object, so if you want to change an image, replace it but upload an image with the same name.
Nov 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Hello Rciot,

Thank you again.
Already I have done this also changes the image name.
As I have asked you can you please let me know if i want to drag attachment only from where should i start.
Will be glad to help you.

Thanks and Bet Regards,
Anurag
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Hi,

It is not an easy thing to do, but if you want to try, open TreViewContainer, right click->View Code.
The treeView_DragDrop method is the point where you have to change the code.
You should change this line:
//wrap standard IDataObject in OutlookDataObject
OutlookDataObject dataObject = new OutlookDataObject(e.Data);
to test the type of data and to cast e.Data in something else.
let me know if you can achieve this functionality.
Feb 25, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Hello Rciot,
Firstly I want to take the opportunity to wish you very belated Happy New Year 2014 :) How are you?
Long time no talk.can you please let me know if i will be able to drag attachment(only) in your upgraded version.
Please tell me some book which I can refer for this.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Anurag
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Hi,
The version 1.0.4 can save attachments, but I have tested it only in 64 bit systems. I think there may be problems with old 32bit pc.