Signature invalid

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Hey, I wanted to install the cool Addon but I get the following message:

System.Security.SecurityException: Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for Out2Share or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance.

Would you please sign the installation.

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Probably you need to unzip the package in your local machine and run it from there.

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Edited Mar 21, 2012 at 11:04 AM

That's what I do =) I also added the installation files to a trusted localtion but the error doesn't disappear

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Hi Thomas,

the certificate to sign ClickOnce was expired. You can download the new version with renewed certificate. Try it and let me know.

Mar 21, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Hi rciot,

I'm sorry the error message remains.

Regards,

Thomas

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Out2share is not signed by a public trusted publisher for economic reasons, but by default, the MyComputer, LocalIntranet, and TrustedSites are configured to allow user prompting to elevate security privileges of a ClickOnce application.

These settings can be modified if desired for an enterprise policy in Active directory. Are you running out2share installation in a company pc? in this case you should ask your administrator to elevate your privileges.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms996418.aspx

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Can u tell me the settings i need to apply